Do you know what season it is? That’s right, Pumpkin Spice Season! We put a fall spin on a classic cocktail, the Old Fashioned. This Pumpkin Spice Old Fashioned is the perfect fall themed adult treat.
It might take a few tries to prepare this cocktail to your own personal taste. For example, if you don’t like your drinks too sweet then use less maple syrup. And if you don’t care for cinnamon then you can always leave the garnish out. Make sure you shake the mixture thoroughly to really break up the pumpkin puree!
If you want to add some smoke to this masterpiece, go ahead and smoke the bourbon, rocks glass, or entire cocktail! For an aesthetic effect, smoke the cinnamon stick garnish before you serve! Here’s what you will need.
Smoked Pumpkin Spice Old Fashioned Recipe
- 2.5 ounces bourbon
- ⅔ ounce pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 1-2 dashes black walnut bitters
- Cinnamon stick for garnish
- Combine all ingredients into a shaker with ice and shake.
- Strain over a rocks glass with ice.
- Garnish with a smoking cinnamon stick.